Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Hip Hop Knowledge Base (7/14/05)

Alright boys and girls...I'm back! Shout out to: TDRS, The Rattlesnake, Jamiz, 50 Gran and AIR to allow me worldwide shine via the mighty Internet...w/o further adue, let's get into this edition:


1. D-Nice was one of the first to eliminate what popular hairstyle worn by African-American men in the late 80s??

2. Whose residence would you have reached if you heard this on the answering machine: "Hey...how you doin? Sorry you can't get through...But if you leave your name...and your number...and I'll..get back...to you"

3. "PSK, we're makin' green" Really tho, what the hell does that mean?
(Editor's Note: For the sake of "space" (and time) just tell me what the initials PSK stand for)

4. Which of the following have NOT collaborated with Raphael Saddiq?

a) Mocedes the Mellow
b) Don P the Chondon sipper
c) DJ Quik
d) Leonard Hubbard

Bonus (1 pt each) For the remaining 3 artists, Name the song in which they colloaborated w/ "Mr. S-a double D-I-Q"

5. Foxxy Brown has franchised several chains of this popular pizza joint out in Brooklyn, NY...name this restaraunt

6. Brian McKnight assisted this rap duo in the scheming of women in the song "I'll Take Her". Name this duo

7. Fill in the blanks to the below hook:

"Money & the power, Money & the power ____________________________ Money & the Power"

(Note: There are 3 possible answers...I only accept the two non profane answers)

8. Before he hit "Big success" (yes I use that term lightly) with the song "I got a Man", Positive K first appeared w/ MC Lyte on what song?

9. Name an NBA franchise that Master P tried out for in the late 90s. (Note: there are two possible answers, I'll accept both and credit you one bonus point for naming both)

10. Besides Pac & Hussein Fatal, name another member of the Outlaw Immortalz.

This quiz has been brought you today by the The New Chairperson of The Karl Rove is a snitch fanclub,

B. Holcomb

(Answers are posted in the comments section)

1

2 Comments:

B. Holcomb said...

Answers to the quiz:

1. The High Top Fade
2. De La Soul
3. P- is for the people...
S- is for the way we scream and shout
K- is for the way my DJ Kuts
"Schooly D- PSK"
4. b- Don P the Chandon Sipper

BONUS: A- "It feels Good" (off the Tony! Toni! Tone' album- The Rivial
C- "Let's Get Down" (off the Tony! Toni! Tone! album- Sons of Soul)
D- "What They Do" (off the Roots album- Illadelph Halflife)
5. Pappa Johns
6. Ill Al Skratch
7. Possible Answers include:
"I ain't fallin' short cause I got"
or "Never goin' back cause I got.."

SCARFACE

8. I ain't Havin' That
9. Possible Answers include: The Toronto Raptors and The Charlotte Hornets
10. Possible Answers include:

Kastro, Khadafi, Mussolini
Amin, Naploleon, Khomani

"Yo what happened to peace?"
"Eff Peace...I'm OUTTA HERE!!!"

--B

Anonymous said...

Okay - I truly want to support the TDRS/Holla blog movement... BUT YOU GOTTA UPDATE THE SITE MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!

blogger templates