Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Hip Hop Knowledge Base Presents: An Open Forum

By now I'm sure most of you have heard two of the three latest

releases from Def Jam Records.

One is entitled Kingdom Come The other is entitled Hip Hop Is Dead

I just have one question to pose.

Why is it being rationalized that "Kingdom Come isn't being appreciated because Sean is now taking a more mature and grown approach in his rap.?"

But on the flip side Nas dropped an album and also took a mature approach (yet and still Nas is 4 years younger than Jay)? And everyone enjoys the "Hip Hop is Dead" effort?

Having just turned 30 myself, I realize a lot can happen in four years. But come on man...

People as I stated in my Great Expectations Post Let's expect more greatness from the alleged "BEST IN THE GAME", and quit making up excuses

"It has to grow on you"
"He's being more mature"

Great albums shouldn't have to grow on you (Unless you came out with something in 1993 and the members in your band have names such as RZA, GZA, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon the Chef, the Ghostface Killah, Masta Killah, The Method Method Man, U God and The Old Dirty Bastard)

Jay-Z you've lost me. Nas, keep it movin' son!





Let me know your thoughts, because I know I'm not alone in my thoughts
Black Actors,
B. Holcomb

0 Comments:

blogger templates