Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Let My Swagga Go

Just like the "Shiny Suit" Era came to an end, it is time to let the utilization of the word "swagga" go. Now don't get it twisted, I loved MIA’s song “Paper Planes”, especially the Dirty South remix w/ Bun B and Rich Boy. Her hook “No one on the corner has swagga like us” spawned the T.I., Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, and Kanye West song by the same name which was that fire. However the madness has to stop and it must stop today!

Peep the clip below. Are they really discussing Obama’s “swagga” on CNN. Are they really debating whether any of the white presidents have had swagga? Why does Kyra Phillips get that stupid look on her face every time she says the word. I think she even attempted to do a neck-roll. And did she really ask TJ for the “terrorist fist jab” at the end? I can't take it.  Please, someone, anyone put the word “swagga” out to pasture.

2 Comments:

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

Swagga is just getting starting...sorry. Look on the bright side as least they didn't say "jiggy"

AIR said...

I think I'd rather be subjected to "jiggy" at this point compared to this "swagga" craze. It's getting up there with "bling" as the thing that mainstream/traditional media types say to try and sound cool. BTW, have you seen this Swag Surfin' nonsense?

blogger templates